I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Jalen!

We were so excited to welcome Jalen into the world, especially because his dad was able to be apart of it! Because Alan was living in Arizona and the kids and I were still in Utah, the fear of the baby coming without Alan was always on my mind. So we were so grateful Jalen came when he did. It was a Friday night, during the biggest high school football game of the season…Manti Templars vs Gunnison Bulldogs. There is a history of rivalry between these two schools and because Alan was a Templar and I was a Bulldog, the competitiveness continues! The nurses at the Gunnison hospital made sure that Jalen's first beanie was a royal blue, instilling Bulldog spirit from the very beginning!

I can’t believe Jalen is 3 years old! Time has gone by way too fast and at the same time, so much has changed….we lived with my parents in Utah while Alan lived in Arizona; Madelyn was only 3 years old; Mason still had a bottle; I was finishing up my last semester of nursing school; and Jalen was only 3 months old when we moved to Surprise. It seems crazy how much life has changed in such a short time!

Jalen is such a joy in our family. He has always been so easy going, full of personality, and very entertaining. He loves tools, trucks, tractors, his cowboy boots and gun. Here's a quick look at the past 3 years with Jalen apart of our lives....



Very proud mommy and daddy








Very excited big sister and brother








Jalen was a beautiful baby, dark hair and round face. He was a good baby, until bedtime...that was another story. He didn't like to sleep at night. I got up every night, multiple times for the first year of his life!












Daddy enjoying some precious time







I miss his long curls!




Jalen and his cousin Katelyn are only two months apart






Jalen absolutely loves dogs...I tried to talk Alan into giving one for his birthday this year, but we disagree on one thing. He only wants a BIG dog, I would prefer a little one, especially because we have a tiny yard and it would end up inside. Maybe next year!

















Enjoying the snow and trying to get around in it...kinda hard when there's so many layers









Jalen loves his Nanna!








Just couldn't wait another minute








Jalen and one of his best buddies, Brayden













Jalen found the goodies
















Jalen celebrating his 2nd birthday











Jalen LOVES tools, especially the real deal!





Funny boy




Happy Birthay Jalen! We love you!!

8 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have I mentioned how much I love this kid? Jalen is one of the most extraordinary kids ever!! He stole my heart the very first time he laid on the floor, crossed those boots of his, and smiled at me. He owns me and I don't mind admitting it. 80)

peterson said...

I hope Jalen had fun at the fire engine station! We sure wish we were closer to help celebrate!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

It is so hard to believe how fast the time flies...I can't believe you've been gone that long!!! We miss your little family being across the street...Happy Day to your babe!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

I miss his long curls too! We were thinking of him on his birthday!

alison said...

What a cutie! My favorite pic is the one in the snow suit!

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Jalen! I can't believe how fast they grow, I had almost forgot about his adorable curls!!

Brooke said...

This post made me all teary..I loved the pics of you guys in the hospital, how sweet!! I forgot about his curls when his hair was longer....wow he has grown up so fast.

The Gary Coxs' said...

Happy Late Birthday Jalen! We can't believe how fast time goes by. It seems like you were just born.