I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

September 20, 2009

Picture This

Alan is a pretty easy-going guy and usually doesn't complain about much.  But there is one thing in my family that really bugs him...all the snapshots and family pictures!  A "perfect picture moment" occurs quite frequently, which requires patience and endurance by those involved who would rather not hold their position and pose for another photo!  We've also had some great experiences when trying to capture the perfect family picture. Last year at Christmas time, my mom arranged to have an outdoor family picture on probably the coldest day of the year!  When the temperature is below zero, it creates several challenges:  first, holding your breath during the picture so you don't see the white puffs out in front of you creates red faces; second, red noses isn't usually attractive either; all the planning and coordinating of clothes goes out the window when the kids are freezing cold and don't want to take off their coats. Did I mention this creates unhappy children??? 

And grown men aren't any better.

So when I mentioned to Alan that our friend Shannon, who is starting a new photography business, wanted to take us to a beautiful resort and do a practice photo shoot, I bet you can guess what his reaction was!!

Although we were doing her a little favor as she tried out this location and lots of different settings on her new camera, we were definately the ones who benefited the most!  She did an amazing job! It was like the engagement pictures we never got to experience and have. I have very, very little pictures of Alan and I, so to have a few, is so fun! If you're looking for a great photographer, check out Shannon's website here

Here are some of my most favorites...now I just need to figure out how to make a collage or display of a couple. Got any suggestions?? I would love to hear!






























14 comments:

The Bluths said...

Well you couldn't tell by the pictures that he was suffering at all :) I think they all turned out great!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

oh she did great!! LOVE the last one!! blow that baby up BIG!!! :)!!

mindy said...

great job, shannon!! When can you come to Bogota and do that for us???

mindy said...

oh jennie-kevin is the exact same. i can barely even get him to smile for pictures...

JaKe and NaT* said...

jennie!! you are so absolutely gorgous!! i'm so glad that you guys were able to get pictures to and you will look back and be so glad you did.. i'm sure you already have! i honestly can't pick which one is my favorite.. your friend did amazing! p.s. LOVE your necklace!

Jenna said...

They all turned out so beautiful. You guys make a very handsome couple, and Shannon captured it so well!

Nicole said...

Jennie...these turned out great. You both look great.

wittygal said...

I love them all! Shannon is so talented. My favorites were first, second, third and the very last one is AMAZING.

Malie said...

Hey Jenny,
I saw your blog on Ashley's, I hope you don't mind. The pictures are great. Hope you guys are doing well. Are you still working BTW?

Trudy said...

They are all very very cute. My fav is the third one down. So fun!!

Unknown said...

Matt and I have hardly any pictures of just the two of us as well. I have been trying to put a book together for our 10 year anniversary. What a good idea. But I am not sure if Matt would go for it either;)Those do look like engagements.They are so nice!

Brittany said...

My vote is to blow up the second one!! Your eyes look amazing. A photographer friend of mine once told me that if you like a picture small you will love it big. Shannon did a great job.

peterson said...

I love all of these pictures! You look so beautful. How fun for you guys!

Shelby said...

You do look gorgeous in all of them!! I love the last one, and the natural ones that you guys are looking at each other. SO CUTE!!

By the way, how do you make kids hold their breath while smiling? That is to funny!