I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

September 26, 2008

A Creepy, Crawling Campout

A few weeks ago we went to Camp Verde in northern Arizona for our ward campout. We were thrilled to get in one last camping trip for the year. We absolutely LOVE our ward and the close friendships that we have with many ward members. It makes it much easier to live so far away from all our family when we can rely on our ward family for help and enjoy good times together.
Some of the highlights included making smores around the campfire with gigantic pink and white marshmellows; waking up at 4:30 a.m. to the 200 ROTC neighbors counting off their exercies; enjoying the surprises of the many creepy, crawling bugs, spiders and animals of the trip. Here are a few.....


Logan is holding a little fish she caught with her dad in a little stream by our camping site.
Dustin Waite trying to get the crawfish to let go of his finger....yes, it did hurt!

You can't see it very well, but here is the crawfish that Madelyn surprised me with. Of course I freaked out...running away and screaming like a little baby!




Probably the worst surprise of all, was Saturday morning when Alan and I were cleaning out the tent, getting ready to take it down. First we saw one big spider and of course I was terrified. But then when the second one came crawling out, bigger than the first, I had a big case of the heebie jeebies for the rest of the campout!

Thank goodness it never made it INSIDE our tent!
Here are some fun pictures of the weekend..... Me and my good friend Shelby Turner

BFF's, Logan and Madelyn


Mason "fishing" in the stream


Jalen

I caught Jalen and Brayden reading stories in the tent...so sweet!


Cody Lundt, Ryder Turner, Mason and Preston Waite


Three little monkeys swinging in the tree...Madelyn, Logan and Rylee Willard


Mason and Maggie Mecham


Eating a yummy dutch oven dinner: potatoes, carrots, and chicken with Jeff's biscuits


Always a game to be played....


Dirt and dumptrucks...life can't get any better than this!


Jalen and Brecken Turner sipping sodas

7 comments:

Candace said...

Thank you for making me extremely jealous! Glad you guys had such a fun time together.

alison said...

I consider camp a four letter word. The ward camp out is a fun one though. I hate spiders!

Shannon said...

Oh man!!! Camping....well I'm glad you guys had fun! I would have packed it up after seeing spiders and bugs!! hahaha!! So brave so brave!!!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

those spiders look like the spiders we have around our house this time of year; i actually found one in our pantry today! looks like you had a good time.

Jesmyluk said...

I am so glad I didn't know about your 'friends' yuck till now or I wouldn't have slept at all that night. Now I have heebie jeebies. It was so much fun getting to know everybody just a little better.

peterson said...

I'm glad that you guys had a fun trip! I would have freaked out if I had those spiders in my tent! Nasty!!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

yikes!!! those spiders were scarey!!! you look amazing jennie, i love seeing your beautiful smiley face, it makes me sort of sad though, i miss you terribly!! much love shannon