I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

March 9, 2009

Ahoy, there Matey's!

Captain Mason and the rest of his shipmates had great pirate fun for his Birthday Party! The treasure hunt was the favorite game because of course...there was a treasure chest full of loot! They had lots of fun saying pirate talk like "Ahoy me Matey" and "Shiver me timbers" and "Aaarrggh!" Mason has such fun friends that are all great kids, too. Thanks for celebrating with us and making his birthday a swash bucklin blast!

Captain Mason with his deckmates




Mason and Maggie Mecham


Jalen, Caviston Herbert, Brody Matson, and Mason



Brock Hammond in pirate action...Aarrgh!




I love this picture...catching the kids redhanded...stealing candy off the cake!




Mason with his Pirate ship


Happy Birthday To Mason!



Happy Birthday to you!









Mason was so excited to open his presents. He went through them so fast...quickest present opener I have ever seen!








Of course when the last one was opened, his response was "Is that all?!" But he had a wonderful day and has loved all his presents...so THANK YOU to everyone!

5 comments:

alison said...

Jennie, everyone is wearing short sleeves and shorts! I'm jealous. I won't be jealous when it's so hot that you can't go outside. Anyway, I'm very impressed with your cake. Way to go with the pirate theme.

mindy said...

awesome cake, jennie!

The Dyreng's said...

Your cake is so cute Jennie, you are such a good mom. I wish that we could have come down with Jake and Natalie they invited us but it was my cousins wedding. I would have loved to see the look on the kids faces when they woke up that next morning. We love you guys so much and can not wait until the next time that we see you!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

you are like the best cake decorater ever!! they are lucky if they get a circle confetti cake instead of a boring rectangle one :)!! that is impressive :)!!

peterson said...

That is the cutest cake! I am amazed. The kids look like they had a good time!