I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

February 27, 2009

Mama's Sweet Boy

The last day in February (whether it be the 28th or 29th) is a very special day in our home because we get to celebrate Mason's Birthday. He is turning FIVE! I can't believe how fast he has grown up...time just goes by way too quickly. Those sweet moments of Mason as a newborn, toddler, and little boy did not last long enough. Mason has a very special place in my heart. He is such a Sweet Boy...very loving in the way he combs my hair behind my ear and then whispers "I love you"; never too big or cool to hold my hand when going for a walk; and his sweet smile wins me over everytime. Despite that he is FIVE now and truly not my little baby anymore, he will always be Mama's Sweet Boy!




Fun Facts
Name: Mason Alan Cox
Born on Leap Year! February 29th 2004 at 8:30 am
Weight: 7 lbs 4 oz and 21 inches
Adored by his Big Sister, who for the first few days couldn't share enough kisses while patting his head and whispering "Soft, Baby"
The night we went to the hospital, Manti's high school basketball team was playing in the state championship game. Alan was planning to go, but we thought Baby was on his way, so a little disappointed, Alan took me to the hospital instead. However, it was a very long night, with much anticipation from all our family. The last thing Alan's mom said to me before leaving town that weekend was "Just whatever you do, don't have that baby on leap year!" We were running out of time...but Mason was born the next morning (of course leap year) and we were so grateful to have him! Growing up in rival high schools, the nurses at the hospital did have fun making sure that Mason was adored in a blue hat (NO RED) and little booties that said Go Bulldogs!



Mason was such a fun little boy, but a very mischevious one! I couldn't leave him for a second without finding a HUGE mess, usually in the kitchen.


As a toddler, Mason discovered the outdoors and couldn't get enough of it. He loved to escape across the street to check out our neighbors horses and dogs; go to the farm with his dad, ride the 4 wheelers, and in the big feed truck.


Being the middle child often brings challenges, but there's also the benefits of always having a friend to play with. Mason loves to build forts, go on a pretend campout or airplane ride, play school, and ride bikes with Madelyn and Jalen.







Mason had a very challenging year this last year when he broke his femur, had two rods placed, and then another surgery later in the year to take the rods out. He was limited at weeks at a time with running, climbing, and playing. But Mason made the most of it...he was always positive, smiling, and never complained. He truly is such a sweet boy!

Mason can spend a lot of time entertaining himself. He enjoys puzzles, coloring and practicing his letters and is very good at it. He loves to build with blocks, legos, and magnetics. His creativity and talent amazes me! I am so grateful to have Mason in our family. I love him so much and am thankful that he is my sweet boy! Happy Birthday Mason, we love you!!


5 comments:

JaKe and NaT* said...

happy birthday mason!! sure wish we could have spent it with you!! hope you got lots of fun suprises, which i'm sure you did! JENNIE- that post was so cute.. what fun memories of mason.. he is suc a good kid!! i know whenever iam around he is always so sweet.. i could just picture him brushin your hair and sayin "i love you".. he is so precious!! i can't believe he is 5 now.. jake just said holy cow that kid is 5 now.. when i came home from my mish he was 2.. sure hope you guys had a fun weekend!! wish we could have come to visit for both your birthdays!! we sure love all of you guys and miss you all so very much.. !! kisses

peterson said...

Happy Birthday MAson! How did the party go? I heard everyone had a good time. We miss you guys and can't wait to see ya next month!!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

can you believe our boys are five, well almost five for me.....he is four until i say his five :)!! it is crazy!! man he is so handsome!! i just love reading about your children and the amazing beings they are turning into!!! happy bday mason!!

Shelby said...

Happy Birthday Mason! I love this post, it is very sweet. I love seeing him and Maddie as babies and toddlers. Mason is a specail boy and we love him too!

Shannon said...

Mason has such a sweet spirit!!! Love the pictures!! Always fun to peak into the past! Glad he had a good bday!