I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

November 3, 2009

Fall Festivities

HaPpY HaLlOwEeN!!




Here's the lineup: Spiderman, a Wizard, and Witch


What a cute witch!



Mason was insistent on being a Wizard for Halloween, with specific details too. Ideally, it needed to be blue, have a wand and of course needed stars.  I was having a really hard time finding a costume that met these specifications. Luckily, I found this at a store in Seattle and only had to make a few adjustments.  We added stars to the hat and turned a broom into the wand (thanks to my Mom for taking it as her carry-on on her plane ride home).  It turned out to be a really fun costume and most importantly, met Mason's approval!



Jalen loves anything Spiderman right now, so of course that's what he chose to be.  For the last year, Jalen has worn Mason's old spiderman costume very regularly.  It has been worn and loved and it showed it! There were several holes and it just didn't look very nice anymore. So I borrowed another Spiderman costume from a friend.  This costume was the real deal...had muscles, better mask, etc.  So two days before Halloween, Jalen got to wear a costume to his preschool class Halloween party.  As soon as we put on the costume, he started crying and freaking out.  Here's how our conversation went:


Jalen: "I don't want to wear this!"
Me: "But I thought you wanted to be Spiderman."
Jalen: "I do!"
Me: "Well, this is a spiderman costume. Look, it's a really neat Spiderman costume!"
Jalen: "No! I'm not wearing it!"
Me: "But it's Spiderman. Why don't you want to wear it?"
Jalen crying: "It has Boobies!!"
Me: "Oh, no...these are muscles! See how cool. There's muscles for your arms and legs. It makes you strong just like Spiderman."
Jalen: "No! It has boobies. I'm not wearing it!"


So Jalen did not wear the costume. He went to preschool dressed up like Batman (A very quickly thrown together costume, which completely looked it!)  Then for Halloween, I sewed the holes and he wore the Spiderman costume he's worn practically everyday for the last year. But you know what....he was happy!! And that's all that matters.

TrIcK or TrEaT!

We love Halloween and especially enjoy it in Arizona. The weather is absolutey beautiful, which encourages much socialization and fun in the neighborhoods.  People really go all out with decorations, activities, and haunted houses...which makes trick or treating very entertaining.
The adults have just as much fun as the kids!









Two spooky witches..Madelyn and her friend Chase


Mason just chillen with a neighbor friend McKenzie



Our neighbors went all out and put together an awesome Haunted House, which attracted many people to our block.  Jalen was so fascinated with it.  He watched from our balcony at night for weeks as they prepared and got it ready.  However, he was also terrified. There was no way he was going to go inside!   Other neighbors dressed up like zombies with masks and all the get-up. Jalen didn't know which was worse...listening to the chain saw and screams coming from the haunted house, or trying to keep away from the wandering Zombies in the streets!  He decided that under a table was best. You'ld think he would have wanted to go home, but no! He insisted on sticking around, not wanting to miss the action.




A few weeks ago, we were lucky enough to go with some friends to their family cabin in Alpine. It was such a much needed break!  It was so beatiful and a treat to see the beautiful fall colors, something we missed out on last year. Here are a few pictures.







The boys were in heaven...dirt, sticks, pocket knives, binochulers, hiking, and tree climbing. What more could little boys ask for!













Becca with her sweet Mom and Dad. 
 It was so fun getting to know them.






So this is what happens when two silly girls get ahold of a camera....







What funny girls! They are so lucky to have each other.





Their family has built a really neat tree house.  The kids had so much fun and spent hours putting together the kitchen, family room and bedroom for the babies. They really have so much fun together.  Thanks Jeff and Becca for a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

The Bluths said...

So funny that Jalen thought Spiderman had boobies! Ha! Mason's costume was pretty cool.

mindy said...

boobies! so funny! and what a fun trip to the outdoors--jennie, you are so beautiful!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

yes you are jennie!!! the kids looked great!! so fun to see all that you are up too, you all look so happy :)!!

Jesmyluk said...

What a great trip to have been able to take. And what great friends to go on a trip with.

The pics the girls took were so darling!

As for Jalen! Oh my goodness I love that kid!! He comes up with the most awesome opinions & stories to share. So cute!

Trudy said...

Hey Jennie. Hope you are doing well. Looks like you had a fun Halloween. Clever wizard costume. Anyway, I started my own blog. I added you to my list and wanted to leave you mine. www.thebusinessofthebartholomews.blogspot.com. Talk to ya soon. Trudy

Jenna said...

I love Jalen!

JaKe and NaT* said...

hahahahahah oh my gosh my and jake both just peed our pants about your conversation with jalen!! oh my i am goin to laugh all through out the rest of the week at that...the kids all look fabulous! wish we could have been there:) love you guys!

peterson said...

The kids looked great. I loved the wizard costume. I'am glad it met masons approval. And I love the "boobies" story. He is so funny!

wittygal said...

Wow, It is Fall on your blog. I love it, halloween, long sleeves, yellow leaves. I am so glad I visited.

Unknown said...

That costume story is so funny. I can definitely identify with that! Looks fun. And I love those fall pictures!

Jayci said...

The boobies story is HILARIOUS! I laughed so hard! & I loved that Jalen also spend the night under the table. So much fun!

Brooke said...

What a great post....Jalen and the boobie costume...that makes me laugh!! Just don't let him tell Kade about them since that's his costume for next year :o). Your kids costumes all turned out great, Mason's is one of a kind and Madelyn looks so beautiful and grown up!!

The trip with the Lunts looks so fun, I'm glad you were able to get a fun weekend away!

Shelby said...

I love it!!! I told Lance the Jalen story last night and he loved it too!
It does look so beautiful at the cabin, just like fall is suppost to :) You look so pretty!