I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

November 25, 2008

Praiseworthy

I recently went to parent teacher conference for Madelyn. She absolutely loves school and is doing so well. Madelyn's teacher had nothing but good to say about her. One very nice compliment she gave was that Madelyn is so nice to everyone, always willing to help, share, or make others feel good. For example, one day a little boy dropped a can of pencils that spilled all over the floor. As the other children started to laugh and make fun of the boy, Madelyn quickly bent down to help him pick it up. Mrs. Needham went on to say that Madelyn is very well liked and respected by her classmates, and more importantly, she doesn't even realize it. She is always so humble and kind to everyone. I was so pleased to hear this. As a mom, I often wonder if the efforts I make to teach my children is really working. Sometimes what I see at home, makes me feel discouraged but after such a Praiseworthy compliment about Madelyn, I gained some hope. It reminds me of a saying that I heard not too long ago that goes something like this, "How your children act outside the home, is a reflection on what is happening inside the home." Hopefully there are lessons of respect, love, honesty, integrity, and happiness being learned in our home, despite the chaos and busyness of everyday life!

7 comments:

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

Too cool! Jen was so happy to see Maddie for a brief moment...she is already counting down to when you will be here at Christmas! AWESOME family picture and blog update!

Jesmyluk said...

Aww what a sweetheart!!! I could've told you she was an angel.

Becca said...

We love Maddy too! Logan is lucky to have her as a best friend!

Brooke said...

Maddie does have a LOT of great qualities!! She always has the biggest smile on her face...I love to have here over here playing house with my boys! They think she's pretty fun!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

that is so wonderful, and not surprising in the least!! what a sweet heart, just like her mama!!

Trudy said...

Hey Jennie. Your kids are really cute and growing up so fast just like mine. I ran across your blog and I just wanted to say hi and leave you my email. Drop me a line sometime and let me know how you are. I would love to catch up with ya.. Trudy Bartholomew
trudybarth@gmail.com

peterson said...

How Sweet! I have always noticed how seet and nice maddy is to all of the cousins. She is such a cute girl!