I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

November 16, 2008

Run Away

Recently, after I had left for work, Alan got a call from our friend and neighbor Jeff Lundt at 6:30 A.M. asking if we were missing anyone. To Alan's knowledge, all our kids were home, but his answer to the question was, "I don't know, am I missing somebody?"


Jeff's response, "Yes, I have Jalen here all dressed with his cowboy boots and jacket ready to play with Braydon. The only problem is that Braydon is fast asleep (still snoring according to Jalen as Jeff let Jalen peek in to see him).


Yes, we have a runaway on our hands! I don't know which is more surprising, that Jalen could make it around the block and find Braydon's house all on his own, or that Alan had no idea that Jalen had gone out the front door and was gone that long without realizing it. We're definately keeping a tighter reign on him to avoid those run aways situations in the future!
Here is Jalen with one of his best buddies, Braydon Lundt

9 comments:

alison said...

6:30 AM? Holy cow!!! That is a blogworthy story.

The Bluths said...

Oh my! That's kinda funny though. Did he say anything afterwards about leaving the house?

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

how scary that he is so confident to leave your house, (I have one of those too) but how nice to have such a close little buddy!

Jesmyluk said...

YIKES!!! I know I shouldn't cause its actually kind of scary to think about but boy oh boy was I laughing at this post. That kid takes the prize for most guts!

Jayci said...

Okay - That's really funny & scary at the same time. He must of been really excited to go play that day!

Becca said...

It was a pleasant morning surprise to have Jalen at our door! He is so much fun and we are glad that Braden has such a good buddy in Jalen. They are both so fun together!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

that is funny and scary!! he sounds like such a fun kid!!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Ha Ha. Sounds like his Mommy...who got on her trike and decided to run away to Grandma's House. :)

Shannon said...

Jalen...Jalen.....priceless!!!