I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

February 1, 2009

Character Counts

I have to take a minute and do a little bragging...Madelyn attends Canyon Ridge Elementary School, one of 20 elementary schools in our district. We have been so impressed with her school and teachers and the progress she makes as a student. Just as important, the school also places an emphasis on being good kids as well. They have a program or motto at their school called "Character Counts". It's how the kids learn about being honest, good leaders, kind, respectful, etc. This year, each teacher chose two students from their class who were good examples in having good character. Madelyn and her friend Brock were chosen from their class! I am so proud of her. What a neat award and accomplishment...way to go!!

3 comments:

shannen said...

Yay Maddie! Congrats! What a huge honor!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

that is AWESOME!!! what a sweet heart, just like her beautiful mama!!

Shannon said...

This doesnt surprise me at all! She is a great example to many at such a young age! She must have wonderful examples to follow!! :o)

Great Job Maddie!!