I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

February 8, 2009

What Is Heaven Like?

Recently, Mason and Jalen have shared their insight on what they think Heaven Is Like....

During Jalen's first sharing time lesson in Primary, the children were all asked to color a picture to show what they thought Heaven was like. Pictures were being made of clouds, families, Jesus, the sun, flowers, etc. Jalen picture was just a scribble, but when asked to share what picture he had drawn or what Heaven is Like, Jalen stated that their were lots of rats and rattlesnakes in Heaven! Another Sunbeam next to him, Olivia, firmly exclaimed that there are NOT rats and rattlesnakes in Heaven. Jalen's response..."Oh YES THERE IS!"
For a little boy who truly is ALL BOY, maybe heaven to him would be one with snakes and rats.
I personally hope Olivia is right!

One morning while driving Mason to preschool, I had a very interesting conversation with him and his friend Ethan about Heaven. First, they were interested in knowing if there would be snow in Heaven and how long it could last. They both had amusing insights at why or why not the snow would melt...for example Heaven is up in the clouds so the snow would stay a long time, but then if Heaven is up in the sky it is also right by the sun so maybe the snow would melt quickly.
The next question asked was are their toys in Heaven? When I stated no, both Ethan and Mason were devastated! No toys?! What are we supposed to do all the time? Can't we take some with us? I didn't have the heart to say no, so instead I asked if they could take just one thing, what would it be. Mason's response, "my treasure box with all my specials things inside" and Ethan's response, "my Star War's nintendo game...then I can be the Bad guy...there has to be bad guys in heaven, too!"
What a fun conversation this was and with two adorable little boys who are just trying to figure it all out and discover What Heaven is Like!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Too cute!!!

peterson said...

That is great! I asked Hunter if he thought there would be rattlesnakes in heaven and he agreed that there would be.

The Bluths said...

Ha, that's so funny. Those kids crack me up.

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Leave it up to you to provide such entertainment with your fun stories. Great post. And, I guess the family that loves snakes together, stays together. Aiden would love it if snakes were in Heaven too. :)

JaKe and NaT* said...

oh jennie!! how i miss you! thanks so much for that awesome post.. its so fun to hear about all the fun and interesting things your kids say. especially since we live far away from you its nice to get to hear about these things! wish we could come see you guys so bad... one of these days! tell the kids hi and that we love them.. hope things are goin good! love you!!