I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

February 9, 2009

To Do List

Are any of you listmakers? I grew up with a list almost everyday made by my mom on a yellow stick-it note for my daily chores and reminders. Sometimes it was even just a quick "don't forget to take your laundry downstairs, XOXO Mom". Whatever the case, I loved them. Now, I see myself taking after my mom. I like to make lists for everything...for my kids, the grocery store, daily to-do's, projects for down the road, lists for upcoming events or parties, and my favorite: love-to's (things I would LOVE to accomplish, but rarely get a chance to actually do them.) But I am so proud of myself because I have recently found time and accomplished 3 of my love-to's!



1. The first one you may have noticed when coming onto my blog...it finally has music!! This is something I wanted to do when I first created my blog 8 months ago. So why has it taken so long to do? Maybe because I didn't know how to do it and mostly, because I thought it would be technical, difficult and of course--time consuming. However, it was very easy. Anyhow, I am pleased that it is finally done and can make a checkmark on my list!

2. I finally finished the quilts I started for Mason and Jalen back in August. For the past 2 months, all I needed to do was finish the binding on one of the quilts but actually making time for this seemed impossible. But they are done and were such a fun project! Thanks mom for your help!!





3. A couple of years ago after first moving to Surprise, my friend Candace and I participated in our Stake Fun run. Because we were not runners and in fact never once ran even around the block before the event, it was done all for fun. We weren't even able to run the entire 5k or 2.3 miles, we had to walk a couple of times. During this race, there were several people passing us along the way who were working on their second time around the route to accomplish the 10k. I thought, Wow. I could NEVER run that far. It takes so much effort, dedication, and willpower to accomplish running 4.5 miles. But I thought how neat it would be to actually do it. So this became something on my "love-to" list. It's been a long time since then and I have taken up on running. Slowly but surely, little by little, and with the help of my running buddies Becca and Brittanie, we have been running decent distances. To my surprise, I clocked one of my routes the other day and it was over 4.5 miles! Silly to say, but I felt exhilirated! I never thought I could be a runner, so I really feel like I have accomplished something! So what does this mean? I could participate and finish a 10k race and maybe, just maybe, I'll think about pushing to do a 1/2 marathon.......maybe........someday!!

10 comments:

JaKe and NaT* said...

i just love it how organized you are!! how fun that you accomplished those things! good job on the music also.. you picked some really fun good songs also!! oh and also.. love your main valentine picture!! miss you guys all so much!! you guys always bring us so much joy! love you!

peterson said...

I love the boys quilt! It turned out so cute. You are so amitious! Thats great about the running! One day I hope to be able to do that too!

mindy said...

way to go, jennie!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

I am so impressed..the music, the quilt and running. I admire you so much!!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

one last thought. Can I say how thrilled I am to see Indigo Girls tunes on your playlist!! Love it!

Emily said...

___**SeNiOr YeAr TaG**___
Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school. Tag others!
1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No
3. Did you car pool to school? Sometimes, I was the driver most days.
4. What kind of car did you have? 1970's Ford Torino,Taurus, New Car: Toyota Tercel
5. What kind of car do you have now? 2002 Chevy Suburban ,1996 Rodeo & My Gma Car,the good ole 96' Oldsmobile eighty eight *YES...still ticking*
6. It's Friday night...where are you (then)? Either work or driving Braiden to his dads
7. It is Friday night...where are you (now)? Home
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? Gunnison Thriftway (cashier)
9. What kind of job do you do now? Full time mom AND a CpHT @ a Local Pharmacy
10. Were you a party animal?
No, I'm sure some people thought I was though :)
11. Were you considered a flirt? LOL yeah..I guess.. College too!
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Chorus
13. Were you a nerd? No
14. Did you get suspended or expelled? No
15. Can you sing the fight/school song? Yes
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s) There were teachers? I missed that?
17. Where did you sit during lunch? Uh home or with my stupied boyfriend at the time
18. What was your school's full name? Gunnison Valley High School
19. When did you graduate? 1997
20. What was your school mascot? Bulldog
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Yeah I would
22. Did you have fun at Prom? No my BF stepped on my dress!
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Heck NO! I think he's in Jail?
24.Are you planning on going to your next reunion? I don't know
25. Do you still talk to people from your class? Yes and finding more everyday!
I tagged everyone that would like to do this!!

Brooke said...

I am a listmaker too....I love post it notes as well :o). You are one of the most organized people I know, your house is always so clean and yummy things are baking in the oven!

Your running skills are very impressive, that's neat!!

Love you!

Krisell said...

HI Jennie!
I just seen your blog from Emily! How cute are you! I try to be a list maker, but sometimes it just does not happen the way I want it too though!
One thing I have started is running too! You wouldn't think 5 miles is very long, but it is huh!!
But it sure makes you feel BUFF!!

Shelby said...

The quilts look sooo good! I can't wait to see them in person. You are so talented in so many ways. I am very impressed at the running skills!

Jenny Kapp said...

Jennie D! I am so glad I ran into Kristyn's facebook page and she pointed me in your direction! You have such a cute family. It has been so fun to read your blog and see all of the pictures. You are such a cute mom! I have wondered how you are doing for so long. It looks like you are a cute and busy mom! Way to go on your "to do list." I have a long list that I am always looking to accomplish also! Miss you! Jenny