I never could have imagined the experiences, challenges and rewards that come along with the title and responsibility of being "Mom". Everyday my little ones present different needs to be met, new attitudes to understand, stages to conquer, and find new ways to unravel my patience. Despite the challenges, the rewards that come from a genuine I love you mom, a moment of 3 children happily playing together, and even a simple accomplishment bring feelings and emotions that words can't describe. I am ever so grateful for my Precious Little Ones; for their individuality, talents, and the completeness each one contributes to the Cox Clan.

August 10, 2008

June: Top 10

Even though Father's Day was over two months ago, since I'm blog back tracking (if that makes any sense!), I don't want to leave out such an important day of recognition for my honey, Alan and for my own Dad. So here is a quick Top 10 reasons why they are the best!

For Alan:

10. Is a great cook when he wants to be, especially homemade bread (even if he cheats a little by using the bread machine!)

9. Can make a fun game out of anything...something that the kids are very much entertained by

8. Always willing to step up and help with traditionally the woman's responsibilities...getting the kids off to the babysitter when I work, bath time, helping with dishes, changing diapers, etc

7. Irons his own shirts!!!!!

6. Dedicated to his responsbility of being the provider for our family and gives nothing but 110%

5. Makes an extra effort to teach our children gospel principles, especially the importance of prayer and scripture study

4. Tries to be home with the family as much as he can, even if this requires much sacrifice on his part...for example, when traveling for work Alan will leave at 3 or 4 AM to catch a flight or take red eye flights home. He has even spent 2 nights on different occasions sleeping in the airport as a result of making efforts trying to get home more quickly

3. Truly enjoys being a Dad...he loves spending time with our children and will play with them in ways Dads do it best: hide and seek, baseball, wrestling, tag

2. Dedicated to the Gospel and loves it with all his heart.

1.Alan treats me and our children with so much love and respect. He is so good to me, more than I ever realized possible. I love you! And our kids love you...Thanks for being the best Dad!

For my Dad:

10. Worked so hard to be able to provide many opportunities for me to experience

9. Is so much fun to be around

8. Believed in me and what I wanted to achieve and supported me while getting there

7. Encouraged me to try my best, to excel in school and secular activities, and set higher standards for myself (When attending college and deciding on a career, my Dad always said, "Don't be a nurse...You can be a doctor!"

6. Always had a listening ear...was so patient and would try and understand my viewpoint (something I'm not so sure was very easy while I was a teenager!)

5. Help to create a home that was fun, happy, and where I still love to go

4. Is a great Grandpa; even letting us live with them at times and helping me with little ones when Alan was away (reading stories at bedtime, taking kids for rides while I was doing homework, taking a turn to walk the floor with a fussy newborn) I couldn't have make it without my Dad!

3. Enjoyed and made special efforts in taking us on family vacations every year to different and neat places, creating special memories and lasting friendships within our family

2. Shows complete love and respect to my Mom

1. Loves the Gospel and has always served wholeheartedly; taught me what is most importat in life; and through his example has shown me how to follow the commandments. Now that I have children of my own, I appreciate and acknowledge more and more all that my Dad did for me. Thank you so much. I love you!

1 comment:

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Yahoo!!! Words can not express how excited I am that you're officially blogging! You've done such a good job of putting this together and I love the theme with the precious little ones. Well done, sis! Love yoU!